Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Organized Wannabe

I just learned (too late) that January was National Get Organized Month.

Must not have, uh, gotten that memo.

Organizational skills are a character trait of which I am woefully lacking.  I have good intentions.  I really do.  I aspire to live an organized life.  Actually, I think I do all right most of the time.  But admittedly, I fall short way too often, leaving me annoyed and frustrated from wasting so much time looking for things, trying to remember this, that and the other, and keeping my mind (and life) debris-free.

My youngest son apparently did not inherit this shortcoming from me.

He must have gotten that memo in January -- every January.  It has stuck.  No review necessary.  Lesson   learned.  Mission accomplished.

Somethin's wrong with this picture.  I'm a court reporter.  I write things down for a living.  I preserve history.  The Record Never Forgets.  Yep.  That's what I do.  And I'm good at THAT.

If only I could apply this skill to my personal life.

Hmmm.  I may have to let him teach this old dog a few new tricks.

(Made the night before his Ski Club trip)

(Atta boy.  You do me proud.)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I am eternally working on organizing. I fail miserably. I'm a wanna be. But we're working on it right? Yay!

T said...

I don't believe a word you said.

Why do I picture you as meticulously organized, neat and methodical?