I've been self-absorbed in otherness all day today...
Thoughts seeming to elude cohesiveness.
This
then
that
and
back and forth
from
then
to
now.
Drifting.
Happily tinkering,
while the clatter of my thoughts
drown the silence of the air around me.
And ya know what?
I've concluded that sometimes
I just need to do the don'ts of life.
I've had most of the day to myself,
and while drifting,
I've been cleaning and sorting and categorizing and purging.
Keep this, toss that.
Remember?
Yes, I remember...
I've finally made myself sit down and eat something.
My stomach has been empty, growling reminders at me...
Hey? Ya gonna feed me or what?
But I'm intent on finishing my list...and that list keeps growing.
Warm weather.
It's appeases my soul.
As I pass by in haste, I keep glancing out the kitchen window to the patio.
The flowers are moving gently on their stage.
They love showing off.
And I love watching the show.
They make my heart smile,
evoking an intimacy within me.
Intimacy doesn't always have to be a physical thing.
Rather a search inward.
Okay.
Time's up.
Until next time.



No comments:
Post a Comment