We arrived home from work yesterday to find this.
Special Delivery.
You can take the boy away from the farm,
but you can't take the farm outta the boy.
Lawn orb peeking through the grasses.
I've always adored my little boy figurine
peeking into our pond,
allowing memories of my three sons' childhoods
to live on in my heart...
He's seen more than a few "refinishes" over the years.
The front bed...a contrast of colors and textures.
(The planter I refinished to "zinc")
Showcasing Mr. D's outstanding handiwork that he completed
a few months ago, replacing a crumbling, sunken concrete stoop
with this amazing hand-picked stone inlay.
(The man has talent!)
After shoveling way too many calories in my mouth all day,
I attempted to burn a few off
by shoveling and hauling several loads of mulch
to each of the beds.
But yes, I concede. He did MOST of the work.
The deeper hues and striations on these pots I refinished
show off the ferns beautifully!
My BEAUTIFUL wisteria vine that I purchased
in Winston-Salem two years ago.
Capturing the contrast of color
(one of the pots that I repainted a few weeks ago)
Bursting with color on the cusp of summer!
Front lawn down.
Back lawn to go.
Let It Grow!
2 comments:
I missed this one. Wow and wow - I need his help! I'm lazy/not good with gardening.
How do you keep those ferns alive in pots? I have tons of ferns along the front of the house and this year they look fantastic because of all the good rain we've had.
I'm still buying flowers because this is the first week without 30s for evening lows. The weather has been beautiful!
Love love your landscaping.
Thank you, Deborah.
The ferns? They thrived like CRAZY last year, so we opted for a repeat. I think they did well in those pots because the front of the house gets the least sun of all. It gets a few hours of morning sun is all. I'm thinking ferns do better in shady or part-sun areas. So maybe that's it. But last year those ferns grew to an enormous size by the end of summer, so full and beautiful. It was a no-brainer to not repeat that success.
I'm not a very good gardener, but I'm learning (Mr. D has taught me all I know pretty much), and so much of it is trial and error and loads of TLC. That's where I'm lacking! LOL
Hope this helps.
Post a Comment