- Liz Winston
I remember those days.
When I was young and stupid and naive enough
to think that Mom didn't know
what I was REALLY up to.
All of those times when I was up to
"no good"
and thought I had her fooled.
I thought I was smooth as silk
slick as a greased pig.
NOT
She didn't miss a thing.
It's funny now that I think about it.
I desperately want to sit with her some day for
that heart-to-heart, laughing our butts off...
so much left to be said...
We ran out of time.
A young mother experiencing her
first-born's first birthday...
I had no idea that little tow head
would end up halfway across the world some day.
My Mother’s Day Weekend in Photos
A visit to a local greenhouse...
I chose THIS one...because...
IT'S BLUE.
All things blue.
BEAUTIFUL BLUE.
It was a happy and heavenly visit.
It rained Saturday, so I spent the day indoors recovering
my patio cushions with the fabric I bought in Winston Salem
a few weeks ago.
Chessie approved.
"This will do just fine," she said.
A package? For ME???
Fascinated by all the Japanese jibberish
that decorated the wrappings...
I must insist on a translation!
I just stared at this.
"Hm," I said.
Love notes, cards and a pedicure!
Chessie enjoying her new patio "bed"
They turned out perfectly!
But I definitely need to finish painting the rocker.
Oops.
After I was served dinner on the screened porch,
I was served a glass of wine by the fire pit on the patio.
PERFECT!
Thanks, you guys.
This mother is blessed.


No comments:
Post a Comment