What was my first clue?
Uh...when my feet reluctantly hit the floor this morning
when I got up to head to the gym?
(It's not usually that painful!)
Uh...when I never got to my "second wind" zone
during cardio warmup?
When I barely made it through a moderate shoulder workout?
The last three days on my way home from work
I've driven in a sleep-deprived fog.
I'm getting in bed too late at night while trying to get up
at my normal gym routine time.
It's my body telling me I need a reboot.
(Or a vacation?)
Usually a good long nap does the trick.
I dim the lights in my office,
pull the shades,
turn on my Sleep Machine app,
and Mr. Sandman and I rendezvous.
It's motions week,
which means non-stop court time all day long.
I've had to work through my lunch hours on transcripts.
Finding the time for that nap is the dilemma.
It's Thursday...one more day and I get to sleep in.
Chill.
Relax.
Until then, I'll guzzle more coffee and green tea.
The strong stuff!
SMILE, T.
The weekend is ALMOST here.

No comments:
Post a Comment