Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, May 30, 2014

My Twin is OCD; I'm Not

I'm a Gemini.  Not that I place a lot of conviction in "signs," but rather that I find them somewhat fascinating.  Curious.

What I find that DOES hold a bit of integrity is that I really am a split personality, as Geminis are known to have.  The Twins.  I'm kind and sweet one minute, but cross the line and I'll tear into you like a junkyard dog.  See, it's that line ya gotta watch out for.  That very fine line.

Likewise, depending on which twin is running the show for the day, I can either be pretty laid back and go with the flow, or I can morph into a relentless control freak.  It's a bit shameful, actually.  I don't want to admit to this!

That's where I am right now.  A little OCD going on here, people.

I've been Googling the worldwide web for tips and suggestions, guidance, on what the HELL I'm doing wrong on my latest chalk paint endeavor.  I began last weekend the project of repainting my kitchen table and chairs using chalk paint. My first two projects had been SO successful, I thought I had this down.  (Scratching head here, frozen frown.)  But the final step, applying the clear wax over the chalk painted finish, has been anything but smooth -- play on words -- and I'm ready to say, "Oh, firetruck it," and resort to a typical furniture wax like Johnson's Paste Wax, rather than the wildly popular, gotta-have-it, nothing-else-will-do clear Annie Sloan wax that everyone raves about.

Incidentally, my first two projects were completed WITHOUT using the infamous clear AS wax.  I used a different brand of dark wax and a far less expensive clear wax bought at our local Home Depot.  This should be a big clue.

Forty-eight hours later and still going in my Googling process, I've begun a Word document with all the little tips and advice from others, both novice and expert, who seem to have either mastered the art of waxing over chalk paint, or who have tried and failed (as I have) and have discovered the solution to their dilemma.

I found this blog post in my research and I LAUGHED OUT LOUD as I read along, relating with her pain.  Very funny!

I'm now on page four of my compiled list of tips and suggestions.  (So do I read this and commit it to memory?  Will there be a test, Teacher?)

Overwhelmed?  Yes.  Determined?  Hell yes.

There will be no white flag.  I am going to figure this out if it kills me.

An invincible
determination
can accomplish almost anything.

~ Thomas Fuller

No comments: