Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Queen for a Day - A Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day 2012

The day began mild and sunny, with increasing cloudiness later in the day, the segue for a calming spring rain later in the evening.  Ahhhh, yes.

I was directed to relax and enjoy the day (tough assignment), leaving all worries to the rest of our home's inhabitants.

I spent the afternoon buying flowers for the beds and patio, giving a fresh coat of paint to a few planters, then planting some of my purchases in pots in and about the patio.  I had purchased a honeysuckle vine while visiting in Yadkinville, and I finally had the time to unwind and arrange it to adorn the screened porch --- easy, a little messy, time consuming, but so worth it.  My plan was to lace a string of white lights through the vine and then bits of florals and foliage.

I rested...
...was served wine...
...read a book...
...was served dinner from the grill...
... gifted with beautiful red flowers ...

AND SURPRISED WITH A NEW KINDLE!



suh-weet!

The evening was topped off with a lovely fire on the patio, its warmth a nice touch to the cooler temps from the cloudiness and oncoming showers. 

 (Why is it that wood smoke smells EVEN BETTER when the air is damp?)



I could not have asked for a sweeter day.
It's great to be loved.




3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love your porch! It looks soooooo relaxing and fresh. Love it!

Not So Simply Single said...

You are a lucky woman! Seriously blessed, I hope you know that! Your home is gorgeous, and so is the butt on that man of yours!

Where do you live? Just wondering.

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day... you deserve it!

T said...

Thank you both. I DO love my porch. It totally hits my HAPPY button.

Yes, I AM blessed.

PS I live in Wild Wonderful West (by God) Virginia.