Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Style is Knowing Who You Are

“Style is knowing who you are,
what you want to say,
and not giving a damn.”
~ Orson Welles
 
I agree, Orson.
 
I know who I am.
 
I know what I want to say.
 
I know what I want to wear (or not).
 
I don't bow down to the fashion police simply because someone says this or that is "in style."
 
And whether that makes me vogue -- or a fashion reject,
 
frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
 
 
I just saw this banner on the Yahoo browser:
 
 
I didn't bother clicking on the blue arrow. 
 
I'm not looking to "get ahead" of the style curve -- however significant that may be.
 
But if I have to choose among these four styles?
 
No brainer.  I choose No. 4.
 
As for 1, 2 and 3?  Seriously? 
 
Mercy.
 
I'll stick to my own style, thank you.
 

 


2 comments:

Deborah said...

I bet black is a great color on you with that great blonde hair.

You have wonderful style tPretty!

T said...

Black dominates my closet, I'm afraid.

It's classic. Sexy. I love it. What can I say?

:)