After my morning coffee and a skim over emails, my body was
raring to go. I quickly checked the
outside temperture. Six o’clock a.m., and 61 degrees. Sweet.
We’ve been so blessed
this week with beautiful weather. It
twitterpates me.
Twitterpated
”to giggle or
tremble with excitement or the like;
to be in a flutter…”
I changed into my gear and finished up my last sip of
coffee. I grabbed my iphone and arm
band, my water, and stepped outside into the darkness. Only a slight hint of morning sky to the
east. Good. I’m just in time for the “coming attractions.”
After a brisk five-minute warmup walk, I began my run. Slowly at first, paying attention to my
not-30-something-anymore body, and waited for the signals to switch gears, rev
the engine.
The morning was my own. A
pink wash filled the sky. The cleansing
had begun. Like a sublime
sanctuary. Ethereal. My mind and body transcended with each step
into my own private universe of light, sound, air and tailored cadence. Waves of symmetry elevating me to an inner
sense of peace, balance, strength and power.
I’m alive!
This is living at its best.
And when I finished up my run, I walked for a couple of minutes
allowing my heart rate to return to normal – what is normal, anyway? I
stopped at my back steps and stretched.
And stretched...and stretched. Slowly...my eyes shut... opening now and then to drink in the beautiful morning sky.
This. All of this.
This is why I run.

3 comments:
I swear to god you make it sound so good!
Beautiful!
This post is amazing!
Post a Comment