Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Go With the Flow

So I had my hair trimmed on Tuesday.  I kept the length, but had her "take out" some of the fullness on the sides/back, thinking it would help it to "lay" better -- my hair doesn't LAY at all, it defies gravity mostly.  I told her I still wanted the choppy thing, just a little less bulk.  And that I wanted to keep my length at least for a little while longer until I make up my mind.

I goofed.  I should not have had her take out the bulk, which resulted in more layers.  Is it awful?  No.  It's really not.  Does it look okay?  Yeah, it looks fine.  But if I could trade back to what I had BEFORE I began dabbling in the layers (it's been three steps in succession to where it is now), I would definitely hit REWIND.  Ugh.  Irritating.  I see these awesome cuts/styles on women and it just looks so sexy, flirty, carefree.  I love it.  But unless you have the RIGHT kind of hair for those styles, you just end up looking a little bit like a troll doll.

Coarse, thick, slightly wavy hair.  That is me.  I need to embrace what I've been given and accept that I can't have it all.  Some women would love to have my thickness, others want my natural wave.  Others who have very fine, wimpy, poker-straight hair want my volume.   And I want what THEY have.

Isn't that how life goes?  We seem to always want what we can't have?

It is what it is.  And hair grows.  And mine grows fast.  I should have my length back by Christmas.

In the meantime, I will work it with as much creativity as I can and make the most of it.  It's a change, at least.  I took a chance, proving that I'm not stuck in a rut, not afraid to try new things -- as so many women are.  So many clones out there wandering around on this planet.  Plastic, time-warped clueless clones.

That felt good to say that.  Hah!  I can make myself laugh.

It's really NOT that bad, just ... well, I've decided it just isn't my favorite.

See?  
Ya just gotta work it.
LOTS of flat ironing 
and tons of product 
and I CAN make it lay down!  
Well hot damn!

Live and learn -- but most importantly, 
let it go,
let it grow and

go with the flow




2 comments:

Deborah said...

You, my friend, could NEVER be called a clone/drone. And you do have the best hair.

I got mine cut a few weeks ago and it seems like 'mom' hair. I'm waiting for a new cut as well.

No try, no cry. Ha!

T said...

"Mom hair!" Hah! Well said.

That must be what I'm feelin' here, esp when I don't get it to lie down.

Down, girl! Down!

And there's always that dreaded "helmet hair." Please, Lord. No.